Sunday, April 25, 2010

Section 1 Chapter 8

Today I went walking in the area where the proles live. It was dangerous to not go to the community center but I risked it. As I was walking a Eurasian missile hit not far from where I was. I went to a drinking shop where an old man was arguing with the bartender. I bought him a drink, hoping to get some information out of him. I tried asking him if the world before big brother was better or worse than it is now. At first it seemed as if he might be helpful, but he kept going off on random memories that didn't have anything to do with the question. I still wanted to find out the answer to my question though. I started to wander aimlessly, and walked unconsciously to the antique shop where I originally bought the diary. While there I bought a paper weight with a very beautiful piece of coral in it. The proprietor also taught me the first few lines to a poem, about a church named saint Clement's. As I was leaving though, disaster struck. The dark haired girl walked past me and saw me. She will surely turn me in. I thought about going after her and killing her, but I was too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment