Sunday, April 25, 2010
Section 3 Chapter 10
I am dead now. I was sitting in the Chestnut tree café drinking gin. Whenever I ran out a waiter would come over, and fill my glass up. I would look up at the poster of big brother every once in a while. The war was not going well on the African front. I had grown fatter and pinker. I had plenty of money and a job. Not that I actually worked much at the job. I only went in twice a week. If the Eurasians succeeded in Africa it could be the end of the world as I knew it. I began to think about how two plus two equaled 5. O’Brian was right about the changes in me being forever. I even saw Julia once, but we didn’t have very much to say to each other. We talked about how we had betrayed each other, and then she started to walk away from me. I followed for a few minutes, and then gave up. I thought about a fake memory of when I was a child. I knew it was fake, but it felt real. Suddenly a trumpet blared. We had won a huge victory in Africa driving back the Eurasians. Suddenly something changed in me; I now loved Big Brother completely. Then I was back in the ministry of love. I got shot in the back of the head. That is how I died.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry this should actually say chapter 6
ReplyDelete