Sunday, April 25, 2010
Section 3 Chapter 3
I was back lying in bed with O’Brian talking to me. He said that it was time to start the understanding phase of my journey. He asked me why the party clings to power, I started to tell him that it was for peoples own good, but he cut me off. He said it was for the sake of the power itself. He talked to me about what power actually was. Suddenly I noticed how tired his face looked. He said that the individual was not important, and that it was the power of the party which mattered. He talked about how reality was completely inside the mind. He talked about how the world he was creating was essentially sliding backwards. I said that they would never be able to pull it off forever, but O’Brian said they could. He asked me if I thought I was morally superior, and when I said yes he played the tape of me agreeing to do all those horrible things for the brotherhood. He told me to get off the bed, take off my clothes, and look in the mirror. I looked horrible, I didn’t even recognize myself. I broke down, but O’Brian said I did this to myself. I told him that I had not betrayed Julia, and he agreed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment