Sunday, April 25, 2010
Section 3 Chapter 2
Later I got beat more and more. I had to confess to many broad ranging crimes that every prisoner had to confess to. I got beat many times and often. Finally the beatings winded down, and the questioning started. The questioning consisted of a group of party intellectuals trying to trip me up with questions and run me in circles. Eventually the questions proved too much and I broke down. Once I was broken down they had me confess to many more crimes which I was not guilty of. When I woke up from that I was in a room with O’Brian. I was completely immobilized. Suddenly O’Brian moved his hand and pain erupted all over me. He said it was at 40 and that if I did not answer him satisfactorily he would turn it up to 100. He asked me some questions and I answered them truthfully. Then he asked me how many fingers he was holding up. I kept saying four and he kept shocking me. Finally I said it could be anything he wanted, and he stopped the pain. Then he asked me some more questions and shocked me some more. Finally when I said that I did not know he stopped it. Then he talked to me about why I had been brought to the ministry of love. Then suddenly he did something and there was a hole in my memory. He told me some things and I said I remembered them. Finally a man came and gave me an injection, and I fell asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment