Sunday, April 25, 2010
Section 2 Chapter 2
I took the route that Julia had told me to take out to the country. It mainly consisted of a train ride on a train filled with proles. It was pretty uneventful which was good. There were no telescreens out in the country, but there were some concealed microphones. I walked to the place she told me to go, and she met me there. She led me to a place in the wilderness that she said was safe. I told her all the bad things about me, but she said she didn't mind. She told me that she had found the hideout during a community hike. She told me her name was Julia, and that she already knew my name. I told her that I had thought she was a member of the thought police, which made her happy. She shared a piece of real chocolate with me that she had gotten off the black market. She told me that the best way to get away with thoughtcrime was to always participate in patriotic activities. She swore a lot. A bird came out of the trees and started singing. She led me to another place after that. She said she had had affairs with scores of party members, but no members of the inner party. After that we made love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment