Sunday, April 25, 2010
Section 3 Chapter 4
Everything was feeling better. They had given me a bigger cell and food and clean clothed, and a washtub. I was getting stronger and fatter every day. I was not bored or in pain. I just wanted to sit there and feel the absence of pain. That alone was enough. They even gave me cigarettes once. I started doing exercises. At first I was frustrated that I could do almost nothing, but I slowly got stronger, and was able to do more. I had finally agreed to everything the party said. I had given into O’Brian. Everything I believed for the last seven years is wrong. The thought police had followed me all that time. They knew I was against the party practically before I did. I started writing the party slogans on a piece of paper. Suddenly I remembered that I loved Julia. Shoot, I would surely suffer for my lapse of thought. I know that when they shoot me it will be from the back, while I am walking down the hall of somewhere. I will have to be ready to let my hatred out the moment I hear the gunshot. Then O’Brian came in and told me I was going to room 101.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment