Sunday, April 25, 2010
Section 2 Chapter 9
Last weak was hate weak. Everything was going normally until the sixth day. On the sixth day our enemy changed. Someone was on the stage giving a speech, and then the next moment someone hands him a note. He doesn’t even change his diction; he just keeps on going, but all the sudden he is talking about Eastasia instead of Eurasia. Everyone started yelling that the posters were wrong, and rushed to change them. Just as all the commotion was happening a man stepped up to me and handed me a briefcase. It had Goldstein’s book in it. I couldn’t read it at the time though, because immediately everyone in the Ministry of Truth had to go back to work and change all the literature so that it said Eastasia instead of Eurasia. After six days we finally finished. After that I went to Mr. Charington’s and started reading the book. It had some really fascinating stuff in there, but for the most part, it was just a confirmation of what I had already suspected. Julia came in while I was waiting, and I started reading to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment